Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-04-14 Origin: Site
The chemical formula of benzocaine is C9H11NO2, which is an organic compound. It is a colorless diamond-shaped crystal, odorless and tasteless. Soluble in alcohol, ether, chloroform, soluble in almond oil, olive oil, dilute acid, insoluble in water. It is clinically used to relieve pain and itching in wounds, ulcers, burns, skin abrasions and hemorrhoids.
What does benzocaine do?
How is benzocaine used?
What are the precautions for using benzocaine?
Benzocaine is a fat-soluble surface anaesthetic. Compared to some other local anesthetics, such as lidocaine and dicaine, its intensity of action is lower, so that when exposed to the mucous membrane, it does not lead to anesthesia in humans. feeling sick. It is a kind of drug with strong fat solubility, so it can easily be combined with the lipid layer of the mucous membrane or skin, but it is not easy to penetrate into the human body to produce toxicity.
Benzocaine can be used as a precursor raw material such as oxoform, oxocaine, procaine, etc. At the same time, it is also used as a local anesthetic in medicine, which has analgesic and itch-relieving effects, and mainly on wounds, ulcers, and mucous membranes. Surface and hemorrhoids numb pain and itching, and their ointment can also be used as lubricating pain relief for nasopharyngeal catheters, endoscopic endoscopes, etc. use. Temporary relief for painful and itchy skin conditions, minor burns, sunburn, wounds and insect bites. Earcup preparations are used to relieve pain and itching in acute congestive, congestive otitis externa, otitis swimmingly and externally. It is also effective for toothache, sore throat, mouth ulcers, various hemorrhoids, anal fissures, itching in the genital area and as a desensitizer for the male genitals to slow ejaculation. Or as anaesthetic lubricant for catheters and endoscopy tubes.
1. Benzocaine is a 20%suspension for the ear. Adults can use 4–5 drops at once, drip into the outer ear canal and repeat administration for 1 to 2 hours as needed. In general, it must be blocked with cotton wool after dripping into the ear to prevent leakage. Children usually do not need it.
2. Apply ointment 5%, 20%, for adults against hemorrhoids, once in the morning, evening and after defecation to the affected area; not for children.
3. 20% aerosol solution, which can be repeatedly administered to skin or mucous membranes as required; not required for children under the age of three. The gel is 20% and is mainly used for the affected area of the gums in the mouth to prevent toothache. The gel for children is 5% spray, 10% to 20% of the spray liquid onto the affected area, repeat if necessary and use with caution in children.
1. Benzocaine is for external use only.
2. The water solubility is poor. It acts on local application and absorbs very little.
3. Children with high doses of benzocaine are at risk of causing methaemoglobinaemia.
Mulei (Wuhan) New Material Technology Co. Ltd as a Chinese pioneer in the production of benzocaine, can ensure the quality of the products and after-sales service.
Our company was founded in 2016 since then we have pioneered in the manufacturing and trading of organic intermediates, pharmaceutical intermediates, chemical solvents and agrochemical. For us, product quality and customer service are of the most importance. read more