Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-05-24 Origin: Site
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic and antiarrhythmic drug, a derivative of cocaine, but without the hallucinogenic and addictive components of cocaine. Lidoca is a white crystalline powder because of its hydrochloride, which is very slightly soluble in water. Its toxicity is comparable to that of procaine, but its local anesthetic effect is strong and durable, and it has good surface penetration. It can be injected or used as Topical anesthesia.
What are the interactions between Lidocaine and other drugs?
What does Lidocaine do?
What should I pay attention to when using Lidocaine?
1. β-receptor blockers can reduce hepatic blood flow, so combined use may reduce the clearance of this product by the liver, resulting in increased adverse reactions.
2. Combination of neuromuscular blocking drugs with higher doses of Lidocaine (over 5 mg/kg of body weight) can enhance the blocking effect of these drugs.
3. The combination of Lidocaine and anticonvulsants can increase myocardial inhibition and cause cardiac arrest. In addition, the combination of the two can also increase the adverse reactions of the central nervous system. Phenytoin and phenobarbital can also increase the hepatic metabolism of this product, thereby reducing the plasma concentration after intravenous injection. It has been reported that suffocation may occur when this product is administered intravenously together with pentobarbital.
4. When Lidocaine is used in combination with other antiarrhythmic drugs such as quinidine, procainamide and propranolol, the efficacy and toxicity are increased. Co-administration with propranolol can cause sinus arrest. Combined use with procainamide can produce transient delirium and hallucinations, but does not affect the plasma concentration of this product.
5. Isoproterenol, the test proves that the total clearance rate of this product increases due to the increase of hepatic blood flow.
6. Norepinephrine, the test proves that the total clearance rate of this product decreases due to the reduction of hepatic blood flow.
7. Lidocaine combined with cimetidine and beta-blockers can reduce the clearance of this product and increase adverse reactions. Propranolol has been reported to reduce Lidocaine clearance and increase the incidence of adverse reactions. Lidocaine interacts well with beta-receptor antagonists.
8. Lidocaine is used together with succinylcholine chloride and other neuromuscular blocking agents to strengthen and prolong the muscle relaxation effect.
Lidocaine is a local anesthetic that is also used in the emergency treatment of ventricular arrhythmias. With the in-depth study of Lidocaine, it is found that it also shows better effects in the treatment of other diseases. For example, the treatment of vestibular neuritis. Lidocaine can block the excitability of sympathetic nerves in blood vessels, reduce its contraction effect on vascular smooth muscle, relatively enhance the excitability of parasympathetic nerves, and achieve the purpose of improving blood microcirculation. It can improve the blood supply around the vestibular nerve of the inner ear and eliminate the obstruction of endolymphatic return. Methods: 50-100 mg of Lidocaine was intravenously injected, and 200-400 mg of 5% glucose was added intravenously in severe cases, once a day, 3 days as a course of treatment.
1. Neonatal medication can easily cause poisoning. The half-life of premature infants is about 3.6 hours, which is 1.8 hours longer than that of normal infants. The elderly should adjust the dosage according to the degree of tolerance and needs, and the dose should be halved for patients over 70 years old.
2. The intravenous injection of Lidocaine is limited to antiarrhythmic. For arteriosclerosis, vasospasm, diabetic patients and anesthesia of fingers (toes), vasoconstrictor (such as epinephrine hydrochloride) should not be added.
3. Blood pressure, electrocardiogram and serum electrolytes should be checked at any time during Lidocaine administration. Blood concentrations should be monitored during long-term use.
A good Lidocaine starts with the best engineering staff, and Mulei (Wuhan) New Material Technology Co. Ltdis always ready to help you meet your requirements.
Our company was founded in 2016 since then we have pioneered in the manufacturing and trading of organic intermediates, pharmaceutical intermediates, chemical solvents and agrochemical. For us, product quality and customer service are of the most importance. read more