Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-05-23 Origin: Site
lidocaine is a very good local anaesthetic that usually works one to three minutes after application and lasts one to three hours to treat mouth ulcers. It is not used very often as a heart rhythm drug because there are concerns about its long-term side effects. A small number of people are allergic to lidocaine. It was used to treat arrhythmia. It is a drug for the prevention and treatment of acute myocardial infarction and various heart diseases complicated by rapid ventricular arrhythmia.
How should lidocaine be administered externally?
What is the pharmacology and toxicology of lidocaine?
What is the clinical use of lidocaine?
Dosage, administration and dosage of lidocaine for external use:
1. 5% ointment can be applied to the surface of mucous membranes dried in the oral cavity; 2,5% ointment for external use on the skin to treat itching.
2. The jelly is 2%, commonly used in adults and applied to the outer wall of catheters such as esophagus, throat, trachea or urethra; Women can apply 5-7ml cotton swabs to the local area during vaginal examination; the amount used for urethral dilation or cystoscopy up to 400 mg. A 24-hour prescription is limited to 600 mg.
3. Mouthwash 2%, for oral diseases, adults use 15 ml each time, after rinsing once every 3 hours spit out; for sore throat, swallow if necessary, the dosage is limited to 8 times in 24 hours, i.e. 2.4 g, reduce the dosage in children.
4. 4%topical solution usually lubricated or sprayed directly onto the surface of the throat or oral mucosa prior to endoscopy and occasionally used for nasal packing. The prescription should not exceed 3.0 mg per kg every 24 hours, and children should be used with caution.
5. 2–4% of aerosol or spray can be used for endoscopy, 10–30 ml each, and the prescription limit is 3.0 mg/kg.
After blood absorption or intravenous administration, it has obvious excitatory and inhibitory biphasic effects on the central nervous system, and there can be no precursor excitation. If the drug is large, the effect or toxicity is increased, and it has a spasmodic effect at subtoxic plasma concentration; Cramps may occur when plasma concentrations exceed 5 mg·ml-1. At low doses, this product can promote the outflow of K+ into cardiomyocytes, reduce myocardial autonomy, and has antiventricular arrhythmia effects; At therapeutic doses, it does not affect the electrical activity of cardiomyocytes, atrioventricular conduction and myocardial contraction. Significant effect; Further increase in blood concentration can lead to a slowing of cardiac conduction speed, atrioventricular block, inhibition of myocardial contractility, and a decrease in cardiac output volume.
lidocaine is suitable for acute ventricular arrhythmias caused by acute myocardial infarction, surgery, digitalis poisoning and cardiac catheterization, including premature ventricular contractions, ventricular tachycardia and ventricular fibrillation. Secondly, it is also used ineffective in status epilepticus with other anticonvulsants and local or spinal anesthesia. It can also relieve tinnitus.
Mulei (Wuhan) New Material Technology Co. Ltd is committed to meet all lidocaine requirements. And it welcomes global customers to buy.
Our company was founded in 2016 since then we have pioneered in the manufacturing and trading of organic intermediates, pharmaceutical intermediates, chemical solvents and agrochemical. For us, product quality and customer service are of the most importance. read more